Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ras el hanout - spice to try

Hi,

Some time ago I watched some back episodes of Top Chef. I'm such a sucker, and knowing the new season opened this past week I kind of had this episode in the back of my mind. Anyway, I was very interested in something that was said by Richard Blais. He made a protein dish (which I'm sorry now that I don't remember it), but the spice mix he commented on was called ras el hanout.

Ras el hanout. I remember from what he said, and having some knowledge of food that this is Moroccan in origin, but I am not sure exactly what is in this spice mixture. I do remember the judges liking it very much and him using it more than once during the show.
Something for me to look up. I so love to do research.

I also know that Jamie Lauren on season five of Top Chef used a spice mix at Gail Simmons' bridal shower called vaudovan. This one is Indian. Something else for me to try when I'm done with ras el hanout.

I'm still looking for interesting things to try and new foods not just new spices. I'm open to suggestions to anyone who wants to send me some.

You may feel free to email suggestions or post them here.
Email: dpchef1023@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment